NOVA SCOTIA COMMUNITY COLLEGE STUDENT CHAPTER
WATERFRONT CAMPUS, 80 MAWIOMI PLACE, DARTMOUTH, NS
Meeting Minutes: October 11th, 2013
Meeting Open: 12:32pm
Vice President: Joy Robichaud
Second-year liaison: Nicole Wright
First-year liaison: Arissa McConnell
Secretary: Simon Helliwell
Web Manager: Max Muise
President: Staci Stryde
Treasurer: Aaron Larter
Bank Balance: $268
1. Staci checked into the bank balance during the last week, which is $268.
2. The book sale space is booked for the time previously discussed, which was Monday, October 28th and Tuesday the 29th, from 11am until 2pm. Danielle (who was not present) just needs to finish the poster, and Arissa will contact the first years to see who would be interested in volunteering. Nicole said she would send out an email to let people know about donations for the book sale and the time.
3. Everyone was reminded to please get/renew your memberships to the Canadian Library Association NSCC Student Chapter.
1. Dawn and Joy both discussed contacting possible future guest speakers and forwarding the information to Staci. It was decided that there would be a sign-up sheet for those volunteering to bring in treats next time the Chapter has a guest speaker.
2. Organisation efforts for the Halloween party on Friday, November 1st, continued. There is a sign-up sheet available for bringing in treats and games and the possibility of a costume contest was brought up.
3. Everyone was reminded to brainstorm advocacy ideas for the book sale and that anyone with information or suggestions should send it to Staci.
Next Meeting: October 18th, 2013.
Meeting Adjourned: 12:42pm