I apologize for the delay, but here are the minutes for September 20, 2013.
This post may be subject to formatting changes over the next few hours
Have a great weekend!
NOVA SCOTIA COMMUNITY COLLEGE STUDENT CHAPTER WATERFRONT CAMPUS, 80 MAIWOMI PLACE, DARTMOUTH, NS
Meeting Minutes: September 20, 2013
Meeting Open: 12:37pm
President: Staci Stryde
Treasurer: Aaron Larter
Secretary: Simon Helliwell
First-year Liaison: Arissa McConnell
Second-year Liaison: Nicole Wright
Web manager: Max Muise
Vice-President: Jennifer Robichaud
1. The balance of the bank account is presently unknown. Staci discussed finding out the bank balance as soon as possible.
2. An alternative coffee pot situation was brought up, and the group came to the conclusion that it would be best to bring in one’s own coffee. Purchasing an electric kettle for instant coffee and tea was suggested.
1. Staci discussed having a book sale at the end of October and said to ask classes for book donations for the sale. Arissa volunteered to bring in a box for donations and Danielle volunteered to make a poster. Max will put the event on the NSCC CLA Student Chapter website. The prices would be $1 for a paperback and $2 for a hardcover.
2. Staci reminded everyone to renew or get their membership for the Student Chapter (links to applications available through here: https://nscccla.wordpress.com/about/join-cla/).
3. Everyone discussed ideas for future events for the Student Chapter. Suggestions included:
a. Halloween boardgame night or costume contest
b. Social networking events
c. Other annual events
d. Find out what other classmates are interested in
4. Staci announced that, on the fourth of October, Erica, the president of NSALT would be a guest speaker, and first years would get out of class earlier on this date for that reason. Ideas for gifts were tossed around, but nothing was definitively decided. Having other guest speakers was also discussed.
Next Meeting: September 27, 2013
Adjourned at: 1:12pm