- We hope to see our Committees and Networks one last time in Ottawa – a whole morning will be put aside for your business meetings so you can conclude your operations as CLA entities and so that Executive Council can come by and thank you in person for your years of contribution to CLA. We will ask you to consider whether you will put your name forward through associations of which you are members for national level work with the new Federation.
- We cannot start any new business. That means that we can only engage in activities that have already been underway, such as holding the conference and completing commitments such as the French translation of Leading Learning. In some cases, we may even pause those activities in order to transition them to their new home knowing that CLA should be winding down.
- We will likely cease publishing Digest sometime in the coming weeks.
- A number of questions arose at the Special Meeting related to IFLA, the CLA Archives, the CLA website content, etc. We will follow up on all of these items. Over the next few months, we will post updates on the CLA website regarding transition and dissolution. Please keep your eye on the home page for these updates and if you have any questions, please do not hesitate to email email@example.com. Your question will be directed to the appropriate person.
Letter from Our President
Minutes – September 9, 2014
- NOVA SCOTIA COMMUNITY COLLEGE STUDENT CHAPTER
WATERFRONT CAMPUS, 80 MAWIOMI PLACE, DARTMOUTH, NS
Meeting Minutes: September 9, 2014
Meeting Open: 11:20pm
President: Vicky Hirtle
Second-year liaison: Arissa McConnell
Treasurer: Simon Helliwell (acting secretary)
1) The current executive discussed establishing the first year executive and meetings:
- Vicky contacted Joanne Doucet and Joanne Hodder to discuss a good time to introduce first years to the roles that are currently open in the CLA for first years. This will take place at 8:30am on Friday, September 12, and the following week, the election for these roles will take place. The Vice President will not be elected until January.
- The executive has decided that CLA meetings will take place on Thursdays every week at 12:30pm, following the first year executive elections.
- The executive discussed some possible fundraising ideas for the year:
- CODE – Literacy for underprivileged children, brought up by Vicki.
- Brainstorming for further ideas will be continuous throughout the year.
- Vicky brought some ideas to the table about where to begin fundraising:
- Cherry Berry – A local option for partnership, sells frozen yogurt.
- Tim Hortons – Arissa will mention it to her manager and discuss it further when fundraising plans are have been fleshed out.
- The executive discussed possible activities for the year:
- Movie night – two a term, near the beginning and end, with attendees bringing their own snacks.
- Banned book week – Arissa will look into this, to see if there is a second one in the new year as not to make organisation rushed.
- Guest speakers – ideas regarding this will be brainstormed in the future if opportunities arise.
- Halloween party – in place of the CLA’s regular meeting at the end of October, the group will have a costume contest with three judges from the executive.
- Book sale – only one, in January. Weeding in preparation will begin in the fall.
Meeting Adjourned: 11:47pm
Minutes – April 8, 2014
The minutes for last week’s meeting are now available. Click to see them:
NSCC CLA Student Chapter Minutes – Apr 8, 2014
Also, a reminder that on April 23, from 6-9 PM is the end of the year celebration at the Board Room (please RSVP). Admission is $5 and food and drinks will be served. After 9, we will relocate to Henry House.
Meeting Minutes – April 1
The minutes for the meeting on April 1 are now available. Click below to see them:
Meeting Minutes – March 25
Here are this week’s meeting minutes. Click the link below to see them.